Are You & Your Partner Finding Yourselves Caught In A Cycle Of Unending Arguments?
Are the feelings of trust and intimacy gradually slipping away, replaced by doubt and disconnection? Are unresolved issues from the past disrupting your present, making it challenging to envision a harmonious future together? Or maybe you’re dealing with significant life changes and feeling overwhelmed about navigating them as a team? Relationship counselling can help.
Couples Counselling with a Clinical Counsellor
Whether you're struggling with communication gaps, trying to reconcile past traumas impacting your relationship, finding it tough to blend a family, or attempting to rekindle a fading spark, we're here to provide the support you need.
Our team of skilled therapists is ready to equip you with practical tools and strategies to navigate these rocky terrains. We're here to guide you towards a shared understanding, mutual respect, and a deeper, more meaningful connection.
We believe that every relationship, however strained, holds the potential for healing, transformation, and rejuvenation. Our approach is not about choosing sides, but about facilitating an environment where both of you feel heard, understood and valued.
Each of our counsellors has a slightly different approach to their couples counselling. Collectively, we are trained in Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT), Gottman therapy, Relational Psychotherapy and Relational Life Therapy.
Areas We Address
- Communication Issues: Misunderstandings, ineffective communication patterns, or complete communication breakdowns.
- Trust and Infidelity: Rebuilding trust after a betrayal, dealing with emotional or physical infidelity, or managing feelings of jealousy and insecurity.
- Conflict Resolution: Handling recurrent arguments, dealing with anger and resentment, or developing healthier conflict resolution strategies.
- Intimacy and Sexual Issues: Navigating different sexual needs or desire levels, addressing problems with physical intimacy, or rekindling emotional closeness.
- Life Transitions: Managing stressors such as job loss, moving, parenthood, retirement, or the loss of a loved one.
- Parenting and Family Dynamics: Aligning on parenting styles, dealing with issues related to blended families, or handling in-law tensions.
- Financial Stress: Resolving disagreements about money management, financial planning, or differing financial values and attitudes.
- Personal or Partner Trauma: Understanding and coping with the impacts of individual past traumas on the relationship.
- Emotional Disconnect: Addressing feelings of emotional distance, loneliness within the relationship, or falling out of love.
Remember, every relationship is unique. Your specific concerns will be addressed according to your individual and shared needs.
What to Expect
Depending on your counsellor, the approach taken in session will range from more practical and problem solving, to emotionally focused. During your consultation it is important to ask your therapist about their approach and training to see if it aligns with your needs.
All of our practitioners are attachment-focused and will want to learn about your family of origin and relationship history. We will explore your attachment styles and how these affect the way you communicate and your needs in the relationship.
Who we Serve
Our therapists** work with all types of couple configurations, which include but are not limited to: